Saturday, May 3, 2008

+1

here is a blog.

it will have comics, +1.
here is the first +1.


I made it out to the Finest's sidewalk sale last week ago. It was my first in a while.

I did not ruminate on the future of music in its commercial medium.
I did come away with six cds for three dollars. I decided that I like to keep
a Noirian attitude regarding these things.


They are as follows:



This was my prize find. Though it is no Year of the Rabbit or Secrets of the Lost Satellite musically, in terms of rarity, this shit is the Ken Andrews Holy Grail. I actually found two of these, still in wrappers.







Also still in wrapper. I can't remember the last time I had to solve one of these devious plastic Lemarchand's Boxes, but the 8 minutes of rubbing my index finger at the corners of the jewel case was worth it. I was off my rocker with 1994 industrial.


Do you remember Scapegoat Wax? They had a semi-hit in the early 2000's called "Allison" back when there were all kinds of Beck / Soul Coughing-esque bands and MTV had an infinite budget for new shows? Yeah. These girls remember, too. Worth all 50 of the cents it cost.

I got a Kid 'N Play cd.
I got a "this is fort apache" sampler with buffalo tom and radiohead on it (?).
I also got a cd by the very Juno (the band, scooter, not Sassytalk Morningsickness) sounding post rock band "Sons of Atom," whom I had never heard of.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world, mr. righteous. i have high expectations for a blog that you would write and maintain. i love the line, "sassytalk morning sickness." this was great.
i am adding you to my blogroll btw.